ECEN 765.600: Machine Learning with Networks
Instructor: Xiaoning Qian [Office: WERC 205J; Phone:
979-845-6268; Office Hours: by email appointment]
Time & location
(tentative): T/R 08:00-09:15 @ WEB 049
Grading: Homework assignments
(50%) + Midterm Exams (30%) + Course Project (20%)
Objectives: This course will introduce the basics of machine learning, focusing on state-of-the-art research with structured data.
1. Bayesian Reasoning and Machine Learning by D Barber (ISBN 9780521518147)
2. Networks: An Introduction by MEJ Newman (ISBN 9780199206650)
3. Understanding Machine Learning: From Theory to Algorithms by S Shalev-Shwartz and S Ben-David (ISBN 97801907057135)
4. Other surveys and papers will be distributed in class.
· Tentative course syllabus [syllabus] is posted on Aug. 26th, 2017.
· Handout #1 –[Review of linear Algebra] from Dr. Andrew Ng's Machine Learning course was posted on Aug. 7th, 2013.
· Handout #2 –[Review of Probability Theory] from Dr. Andrew Ng's Machine Learning course was posted on Aug. 7th, 2013.
Check eCampus for updates
· Homework #1, Check eCampus