P. R. Kumar
Professor and College of Engineering Chair in Computer Engineering
Texas A&M University.
Office: Room 331E WERC
Office Phone Number: (979)862-3376
Education:D.Sc., Systems Science and Mathematics, Washington University, St. Louis, 1977
M.S., Systems Science and Mathematics, Washington University, St. Louis, 1975
B. Tech., Electrical Engineering(Electronics), I.I.T. Madras, 1973
Wireless Networks, Sensor Networks, Convergence with Control. Belief Propagation/Sensor Networks.Communication Networks. Semiconductor Manufacturing. Manufacturing Systems. Systems Theory. Control. Adaptive Systems. Learning. Neural Networks. Optimization. Simulated Annealing. Stochastic Systems. Financial Economics.
- I-Hong Hou and P. R. Kumar, "A Survey of Recent Results on Real-Time Wireless Networking." Proceedings of Real-time Wireless for Industrial Applications, CPS Week, Chicago, April 11, 2011.
- Zheng Zeng, Yan Gao, and P. R. Kumar, "SOFA: A Sleep-Optimal Fair-Attention scheduler for the Power-Saving Mode of WLANs." To appear in International Conference On Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2011), June 21-24, 2011, Minneapolis.
- Zheng Zeng, Yan Gao, P. R. Kumar and Kun Tan, "CHAIN: Introducing Minimum Controlled Coordination into Random Access MAC." pp. 2669-2677, IEEE INFOCOM 2011, Shanghai, April 10-15, 2011.
- Yan Gao, Chee Wei Tan, Ying Huang, Zheng Zeng and P. R. Kumar, "Feasibility and Optimization of Delay Guarantees for Non-homogeneous Flows in IEEE 802.11 WLANs." pp. 2660-2668, INFOCOM 2011, Shanghai, April 10-15, 2011.
- Kyoung-Dae Kim, Sayan Mitra and P. R. Kumar, "Computing Bounded epsilon-Reach Set with Finite Precision Computations for a Class of Linear Hybrid Automata." To appear in Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control (HSCC 2011), Chicago, April 12Ð14, 2011.
- M. Anand and P. R. Kumar, "Estimating the state of a Markov chain over a noisy communication channel: A bound and an encoder." Proceedings of 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control. Atlanta, December 15-17, 2010.